License for Java Advanced Imaging libraries

Berlin Brown

Can you distributed the Sun's java imaging libraries in commercial
applications? It looks like you can. But I am not a lawyer and was
just wondering.

Has anybody distributed it? I am pretty sure it has a difference
license than, parts of the other Sun software?

"2. License to Distribute Software.¹ In addition to the license
granted in Section 1 (Software Internal Use and Development License
Grant) of these Supplemental Terms, subject to the terms and conditions
of this Agreement, including but not limited to, Section 3 (Java
Technology Restrictions) of these Supplemental Terms, Sun grants you a
non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to reproduce and
distribute the Software in binary code form only, provided that you (i)
distribute the Software complete and unmodified and only bundled as
part of your Programs"

P.Hill

Berlin said:
Has anybody distributed it? I am pretty sure it has a difference
license than, parts of the other Sun software?

How is it different than other library packages? The JDK is
different, but I would have assumed that stand-alone libraries like
this are intended for distribution. IANAL, but that is certain how I
read what it says.

-Paul