Limiting Choises

Msdn

I would like to develop a Web User Control where the user can type som text
eg. e-mail, number or plain text.

I would like a public property where the user can choose which kind of input
the control contains.

How do i limit the choises when the control is inserted on a page, that
means i would like if the user only could choose between 3 modes in design
mode.

Regards Keld