Links in xslt

Bob

I have an xml document that I xslt into html for display. I include
various links to external (html) documents based on the specific data
encountered by the xslt transform.

I would like to repackage my xml/xslt/html data by transorming into
text or (if I can figure it out) pdf. When I produce the text, I
would like to insert the actual text from the external documents,
rather than a link to the external documents.

Is that possible and, if so, could someone point me to an example or
provide one? Thanks in advance for any help!

Bob.

Peter Flynn

Bob said:
I have an xml document that I xslt into html for display. I include
various links to external (html) documents based on the specific data
encountered by the xslt transform.

I would like to repackage my xml/xslt/html data by transorming into
text or (if I can figure it out) pdf. When I produce the text, I
would like to insert the actual text from the external documents,
rather than a link to the external documents.

Is that possible and, if so, could someone point me to an example or
provide one? Thanks in advance for any help!

It's certainly possible but only if those external documents are in XML.
And in any case, how big are they? Inserting entire Web pages is going
to get messy unless you have some contyrol over markup consistency.

///Peter

Bob

Peter said:
It's certainly possible but only if those external documents are in XML.
And in any case, how big are they? Inserting entire Web pages is going
to get messy unless you have some contyrol over markup consistency.

///Peter
The external documents have not yet been written. I can do them in xml.
So - do you have a link or a very brief example????

Thanks again!

Bob.