Loadable plugins at runtime

Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi!
I'm new here so I'd like to say hello at the beginning :)
I'm new on Python, but I've got large knowledge of programming in C/C++.

I've got an idea of application which I deceided to write in Python. Now it is only on idea stage, and I'm looking for information if it can be done the way I want do it.

The application shoud consist on one central part (let's say "core") and plugins to it. Durring core startup it will look thru 'plugins' diectory, and initialize and load every plugin, which will be implemented in separate file. It will be class which inherites from CPlugin. Core will hold table of plugins and communicate with them using CPlugin interface.
The idea is that to add new plugin you do not need to change anything in core. Just create new class derived from CPlugin and put it into "plugins" directory.

Is it possible to do this in Python? How?