Guest

Hi,

We have documents on a file share that we want to load into an iframe when
the page loads AND without the File Download dialog box appearing.

I've managed to accomplish this with pdfs by setting the src attribute
dynamically in the code behind below. However, using the same code, Word docs
always prompt the File Download box and, when I click Open, seem to take over
the entire browser instead of loading in the iframe. Is this by design or is
there a work-around? Thanks, Dave.

protected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl myIframe;

myIframe.Attributes.Add("src", @"\\sharename\docs\profile.pdf");

darrel

We have documents on a file share that we want to load into an iframe when
the page loads AND without the File Download dialog box appearing.

You can't control this from your end. This is a client-side
setting/setup/preference issue.

-Darrel