Mina Wassef

Hello Every one..
I have a question about HTML and loading presaved text. Let me explain what
I would like to do:
First:
Assume we have the following code
<HTML>
<BODY>
<P> LINE ONE </P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This code will simply type the sentence "Line One".
Now, If I want to change the text "LINE ONE" to anything else , such as
"line two", I will have to edit the HTML code and retype the new sentence.
What I would like to do , is have the text saved in any other file, and if I
change the line in that file, the text will automatically change when the
page is displayed.

Lets assume a real life example:
If I have some paragraph in my pages to display my company news (e.g. "we
are offering product YYY for 6.00 dollars") and this line is repeated in so
many pages all over my site. Now, if I would like to change this line I will
have to go in each single page and manually change the HTML code and type
the new line. What I am looking for is to have the HTML code read the line
from a file, and if I change the contents of this file , all the paged will
display the new line automatically.

I have heard that I can do this using CSS file, but I am not sure if it is
applicable or not, bear in mind I am a begginer with HTML.

I hope you guys can help.
I would really appreciate any helping hand
Cheers
MW.

Mark Parnell

Mina said:
If I have some paragraph in my pages to display my company news (e.g.
"we are offering product YYY for 6.00 dollars") and this line is
repeated in so many pages all over my site. Now, if I would like to
change this line I will have to go in each single page and manually
change the HTML code and type the new line. What I am looking for is
to have the HTML code read the line from a file, and if I change the
contents of this file , all the paged will display the new line
automatically.

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another

Tim Booth

Mina said:
[...]

Not CSS, SSI (Server Side Includes) - exact method depends on your
webserver software.

This links is still a good starters guide:
http://www.artsackett.com/grey_papers/ssi/rest_of_us.html

Webko

Dexter J

Salutations:

Mina said:
Hello Every one..
I have a question about HTML and loading presaved text. Let me explain what
I would like to do:
First:
Assume we have the following code
<HTML>
<BODY>
<P> LINE ONE </P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

There are several ways to pull this off - I stick with SSI (server side
include) as it tends to be fail-safe.. Google up on SSI ASCII File and you
should find some leads.. Your ISP will have to support it (which means they
will have to be using something like Apache)..

--

J Dexter - webmaster - http://www.dexterdyne.org/
no news no phone in - RealAudio 8+ Required - all the Time

Radio Free Dexterdyne Top Tune o'be-do-da-day
Andrews Kaye - Bongo Bongo Bongo
http://www.dexterdyne.org/888/092.RAM