Local Area Play

André Olsson

Hello.

I'm working on a school project and creating a game. It will not be
something super advanced but i still want some cool features. One of
those features is multiplayer on network, a client and server based.
Though I am new to ruby(by the way is a great language!) and pretty new
to programming overall. I've searched the internet for ways to complete
this feature. I found something about Socketing. I don't know if its the
right way to go? I've also founded a rubygem called eventmachine. will
eventmachine work good? The game is similiar to the game example you get
to gosu.

If someone know any good tutorials to do this i would be more then
pleased to get it, and some tips wont hurt either. Thanks!

brabuhr

I'm working on a school project and creating a game. It will not be
something super advanced but i still want some cool features. One of
those features is multiplayer on network, a client and server based.
Though I am new to ruby(by the way is a great language!) and pretty new
to programming overall.

Proof-of-concept on how to setup a shared screen client-server game with Go=
su:
http://github.com/sandropaganotti/Gosu-Multiplayer-Shared-Screen