    Anyhow, there should be a pretty simple fix for this. I'd rather not
    send them to a different page to log in - I'd like to keep them on the
    original page if possible. Thanks for your help.

    Erik Lautier, Apr 7, 2007

  2. without seeing the code there is little to offer except generic help references

    google:

    asp.net login tutorial

    Jon Paal [MSMD], Apr 7, 2007

  3. When I first read your thread, I was thinking you had the code in the wrong
    place in the stack and you had already "painted" the page prior to logging
    the person in. I now think you are probably just not logging the person in
    properly. THe best way to check is to debug and check the user object
    (MembershipUser if you are using the Membership Provider model). If it is
    not null and still showing login, you probably have a configuration issue.
    If it is null, there is something wrong with your code that logs the person
    in.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 9, 2007