login validation help

Guest

OK, I've been going nuts for about a week now, I have a asp.net 1.1 app that
is using forms auth and going against an existing database to validate all
users and each user has different roles. Now, I've been reading about the
membershipAPI's, providers,Login Control, etc, in 2.0. Now, how can i use the
membershipAPI, providers, etc, from 2.0 against my own database? Everything
I'm finding is using the database 2.0 creates, I want to use my existing
database. How can I do that? Can someone show an example of the
membershipAPI, providers, etc. using an existing SQL database to validate
user and not using the default db that as.net 2.0 creates for users?

Guest

You would need to write a custom MembershipProvider class that derives from
the base class, and tell it to use your table schema. If you search on
"TableProvider" you'll find somebody's sample code to do this.
Peter

Guest

I have searched and searched but everything I'm finding is using the default
user database which i don't want.