Looking for advice on what to learn next and maybe someone who wants to study together remotely

Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am a CS student and mainly interested in more theoretical subjects. I know Java, C and a bit of Haskell from Uni courses, C++ and python from messing around on my own and a bit of javascript from reading https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web/JavaScript_basics

I want to build a compiler and have bought a book for that reason. Which language should I pick to build it? I was thinking of either C++ or typescript.

Thank you!

Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Also, I am planning to build a simple web browser before the compiler and want to use Java instead of python following along this tutorial: https://browser.engineering/preface.html
Which GUI library should I pick? I grew bored of experimenting with Java Swing quickly so I am not a person that wants to spend a lot of time on learning the GUI intricacies.