Looking for shared, extendable Whiteboard plugin in browser

sapzz

Hi all,

I am building a network application which will enable peer to peer
communication.The application is build using ruby on rails.

I am attempting to build a white board which will allow simultaneous
and syncronous developing and editing of Images.

I tried adobe SVG pluggin and other network image generation tools.I
need to integrate these tools with my ruby applications. my problems
are

1. How do I display applications written in c++/java script in the
browser
2. Adobe SVG pluggin is a exe. How do I render it in the browser and
syncronize the building of images on the network
3. Are there some other applications or pluggins which I can integrate
with ruby on rails and
implement this shared white board in my application

Thanks
Sapna

John Carter

2. Adobe SVG pluggin is a exe. How do I render it in the browser and
syncronize the building of images on the network

Firefox SVG support is slowly (almost) becoming usable. I wouldn't call it
Good yet.
3. Are there some other applications or pluggins which I can integrate
with ruby on rails and implement this shared white board in my application

Hmm. A Wiki takes you 90% of the way there, Wiki's version and share txt,
SVG is just text.

Inkscape is a marvelous really Good SVG drawing app. I heartily recommend
it. http://www.inkscape.org/

Subversion is another Good way of sharing and versioning and displaying
data on the web. www.subversion.org

John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
PO Box 1645 Christchurch Email : (e-mail address removed)
New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.

From this principle, all of life and physics may be deduced.