Looking for web crawler written in Ruby

Kev

------=_Part_2588_26195283.1138691499302

Hi, I am looking for web crawler(spider) written in Ruby. I googled but
couldn't find much information. Can anyone give me some links?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

------=_Part_2588_26195283.1138691499302--

Justin Collins

Kev said:
Hi, I am looking for web crawler(spider) written in Ruby. I googled but
couldn't find much information. Can anyone give me some links?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

If you are _really_ desperate, the first Ruby program I ever wrote was
kind of a web crawler:
http://students.seattleu.edu/collinsj/programs_netcrawler.html

But it's really terrible. It isn't hard to write your own, if you need
to, using Net::HTTP
(http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/http/rdoc/index.html) and URI
(http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/uri/rdoc/index.html).

-Justin

Kev

------=_Part_4753_29805324.1138795303153

Many thanks, I appreciate it very much.

------=_Part_4753_29805324.1138795303153--

James Britt

Gene said:

There's not much spidering going on there, just some page scraping

My Mechanize example may be helpful, though.

http://neurogami.com/cafe-fetcher/

--
James Britt

http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools