[ANN] Looking for Ruby Developers in or near Chicago

Mark Alexander Friedgan

------=_Part_52877_28422414.1136513064007

Folks,

We're looking for a someone who is interested in doing Ruby and Rails on a
full time basis
here with us in the lovely Suburbs of Chicago. Our job ad follows.

Mark

Software Engineer - CashNetUSA

CashNetUSA is looking for highly talented software engineer to complement
its development team.

*Responsibilities:*

Candidate will be part of a team of developers building complex web based
applications. He or she will be involved in architectural decisions and be
responsible for implementing parts of the system. It will be important for
the candidate to be able to take on a project independently and ensure its
success.

*Job Requirements:*

- The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ruby as well as proficient
with Ruby on Rails.
- Given that these are new technologies, extensive experience
developing web applications in Object-Oriented Perl, Python, or Java can=
be
substituted as long as a strong desire to work in Ruby exists.

- Experience in JavaScript and CSS is desirable as well as AJAX.
- A deep understanding of relational databases and SQL is a must.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSql is a big plus.
- Experience with Linux/Unix is a must.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experience

We subscribe to a notion that great programmers are 300 times more
productive then average programmers. We are looking for a top-quality
hacker: an expert programmer with good design sense and desire to get thing=
accomplished. If you bored of *just a job*, this may be the place for you.

* About Us: *

CashNetUSA is an online consumer lending company based in the north suburbs
of Chicago. The Company was founded in May 2004 by a dynamic management tea=
with roots in Silicon Valley and Wall Street and has grown at a tremendous
pace since inception. The Company currently provides short-term consumer
financing solutions in over 25 states and continues to experience tremendou=
growth and profitability. Management believes the Company is the
operational/technical leader of the online short-term lending industry and
is in a great position to capitalize on its market position.

Interested candidates should email detailed cover letter and resume in PLAI=
TEXT format to jobs (a T) cashnetusa.com

Agency resumes will not be accepted.

------=_Part_52877_28422414.1136513064007--

John W. Long

Mark said:
We're looking for a someone who is interested in doing Ruby and Rails on a
full time basis
here with us in the lovely Suburbs of Chicago. Our job ad follows.

Mark, I'd encourage you to post this to the Chicago Area Ruby Group's
mailing list:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/chicagogroup-members-list/

You would also be welcome to come to our next meeting and do some
recruiting there. We could probably give you a little time to explain
the position. The next meetup is next Monday at 6pm. See the Web site
for more details:

http://ruby.meetup.com/55/