Loop and show page after delay

navin

Hi All,

In one of my pages, I need to display number of records, which I am
able to do. However, since there are lots of rows i have restricted
the number of records displayed by 10 records per page.

I wanted to know if it is possible to go to next page after some
delay? For example, if there are 20 records (10 records per page), is
it possible to put these records in some kind of loop which goes to

So it will display the first page (Page 1) with 10 records and then
goes to next page (Page 2) and display next set of 10 records.

Thanks for all the help.
Navin

Evertjan.

navin wrote on 01 jul 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
In one of my pages, I need to display number of records, which I am
able to do. However, since there are lots of rows i have restricted
the number of records displayed by 10 records per page.

I wanted to know if it is possible to go to next page after some
delay? For example, if there are 20 records (10 records per page), is
it possible to put these records in some kind of loop which goes to

So it will display the first page (Page 1) with 10 records and then
goes to next page (Page 2) and display next set of 10 records.

Not a loop.

You can do this clientside, by:

setting a <meta .. for a new page

setting a clientside javascript timeOut() for a
new page or new content by Ajax.

No, not by using ASP primarily.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed navin <[email protected]>
writing in (e-mail address removed):
Hi All,

In one of my pages, I need to display number of records, which I am
able to do. However, since there are lots of rows i have restricted
the number of records displayed by 10 records per page.

I wanted to know if it is possible to go to next page after some
delay? For example, if there are 20 records (10 records per page), is
it possible to put these records in some kind of loop which goes to

So it will display the first page (Page 1) with 10 records and then
goes to next page (Page 2) and display next set of 10 records.

Thanks for all the help.
Navin

As Evertjain said, it's not possible with ASP, because ASP has no
knowledge of what the client it doing.

And that's the whole point isn't it? How do you know if the user reads
slowly, or looked away suddenly, or is tapping his fingers waiting for
the next page? You don't. Best to let the user request the next page.