Mac not showing dynamically added images

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Andrew Poulos, May 15, 2009.

  1. I don't have access to a Mac but, as a substitute, I test on Windows Safari.

    A client has told me that a user of theirs who is on a Mac cannot see
    the images that are dynamically added to a "main menu" page. The client
    can't yet tell me what OS or browser the user has.

    The code is something like this:

    var myimg = document.createElement("img");
    myimg.src = "images/mm1.png";
    myimg.style.visibility = "visible";
    document.getElementById("container").appendChild(myimg);

    The "container" has this CSS

    ..mainmenu {
    position:absolute;
    width:200px;
    height:200px;
    display:block;
    }

    and the images within the container have this CSS

    ..mainmenu img {
    border:none;
    visibility:hidden;
    }

    Why would a Mac not show the images?

    Andrew Poulos

    Andrew Poulos, May 15, 2009

  2. What is "container"?
    My Magic 8-Ball says: "Ask again later." However, why would you hide images
    *by default*? Hiding things by default through CSS is almost always a BAD idea.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, May 15, 2009