MailingLogger 3.8.0 Released!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Withers, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. I'm pleased to announce a new release of Mailinglogger.

    Mailinglogger provides two handlers for the standard python
    logging framework that enable log entries to be emailed either as the
    entries are logged or as a summary at the end of the running process.

    The handlers have the following features:

    - customisable and dynamic subject lines for emails sent

    - emails sent with a configurable headers for easy filtering

    - flood protection to ensure the number of emails sent is not excessive

    - support for SMTP servers that require authentication

    - fully documented and tested

    This release adds flood limiting to the SummarisingLogger, ensuring that
    emails it sends aren't bigger than MTAs are prepared to handle.

    Full docs can be found here:

    http://packages.python.org/mailinglogger/

    For more information, please see:
    http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/mailinglogger