MailingLogger 3.2.0 Released!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Withers, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. With help from Jens Vagelpohl, I'm pleased to announce a new release of
    Mailinglogger that now supports filtering of log entries...

    Mailinglogger enables log entries to be emailed either as the entries
    are logged or as a summary at the end of the running process.

    This pair of enhanced emailing handlers for the python logging framework
    is now available as a standard python package and as an egg.

    The handlers have the following features:

    - customisable and dynamic subject lines for emails sent

    - emails sent with an X-Mailer header for easy filtering

    - flood protection to ensure the number of emails sent is not excessive

    - support for SMTP servers that require authentication

    - fully documented and tested

    In addition, extra support is provided for configuring the handlers when
    using ZConfig, Zope 2 or Zope 3.

    Installation is as easy as:

    easy_install mailinglogger

    For more information, please see: