Make a Query from a Servlet

Andrew

How can I send a query from a servlet for a book, by entering it's
title or the category (e.g. Java, HTML, ASP) in a HTML form, to a site
that sells books, get the results and present them to the user (e.g.
book title and ISBN) throw my HTML form.
This servlet is like a "shopping bot".
I was reading HttpServlet, URL and URLConnection classes, is this a
good place to start?

thnaks in advance
andreas