Managing editboxes and labels...

kiran.inbng

I am working on a project which requires converting an existing VB
application into web based application.The web application consists
following ,

1. Tab control on the left side containing 4 tabs and each tab
consisting of about 50 cotrols each.

2. Right side consists of about 50-60 controls.

The controls are mainly editboxes and labels.

What is the best way to design the page ? The application already has
a frameset with left and right frames.All the above controls will sit
in the right frame.Any suggestions on designing this will be very
helpful.

Thanks,

kiran.inbng

Hello (e-mail address removed),

check this controlshttp://asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour

I am working on a project which requires converting an existing VB
application into web based application.The web application consists
following ,
1. Tab control on the left side containing 4 tabs and each tab
consisting of about 50 cotrols each.
2. Right side consists of about 50-60 controls.
The controls are mainly editboxes and labels.
What is the best way to design the page ? The application already has
a frameset with left and right frames.All the above controls will sit
in the right frame.Any suggestions on designing this will be very
helpful.

Hi Michael ,

Thanks for the response.I looked into the ajax tab control as well as
some other tab control samples.But the problem is if I start putting
all the controls in one single page(maybe in different content
templates) will it not bloat the code ? Is there any way to refer to
an aspx inside the content templates ?

Thanks

Michael Nemtsev

Hello (e-mail address removed),

u meant other user control?
what the problem?

---
WBR,

kiran.inbng

Hello (e-mail address removed),

u meant other user control?
what the problem?

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour

Is there any way to refer to an aspx inside the content templates

Hi Michael ,

No I meant just the normal controls like edit boxes and labels.The
point was for every tab I will have a content template and in each of
these content templates I will have to write a lot of html code.By
doing this my aspx page will grow like anything,so is there a better
way of doing this ? Can I just point to a aspx page in the
contenttemplate ?

Thanks