MapInfo Tables to XML

mpaniagua

I have some MapInfo Tables ( tab,map,id and ind files). Does anyone
have a library or something so I could open them from ruby? or
somenthig to convert the tables to xml files?

Thanks!!!

Marcelo Paniagua

Jonathan Hudson

I have some MapInfo Tables ( tab,map,id and ind files). Does anyone
have a library or something so I could open them from ruby? or
somenthig to convert the tables to xml files?

Thanks!!!

Marcelo Paniagua

One option would be to use the GDAL <http://www.gdal.org/> ogr2ogr
program to convert the data to and XML format (KML, GML), thusly:

$ ogr2ogr -f GML x.gml foo.tab

$ ogr2ogr -f KML x.kml foo.tab

Then process the XML in your ruby application.

-jh