mapping?

jasonlimwk

hi... i am using vbnet to map to a machine and then copy some text
based file to my pc...
meaning.. map from windows XP to windows XP

but now the problem is.. we here have some pc which is not run in
windows version but it is in DOS OS... so is it possible to map to
those pc?
how? using same method like we did it in windowsXP?
just connect using the DOS OS ip add?and then where to find the text
based file to be coppied?
sigh..
totally blur on this thing... hope u all can help and guide me..
thanks...

Guest

Just to clarify, you are trying to do this through ASP.NET?
If so, the "remote" machine needs file sharing, if the OS it has doesn't
support it you are out of luck.

jason

hi,,,
hmm actually i am not sooo good in DOS thg... nope.. not using aspnet..
i will be using my programme which i have it in vb.net...
file sharing? is it means i do nid to do some setting from the DOS
machine?
coz for ur info... i am planning to send some text file from the DOS
machine to my WINDOWS xP pc...
is it possible? so the coding or setting needed to be done in my vb.net
programme or just create a batch file at the DOS pc?
thank you

*earlier msg...

hi sir... just wana ask ....how can i do mapping from DOS OS to a
WINDOWSXP OS?
is it possible?
by using normal mapping code that i did in vb.net?
sorry for asking tis but since u r used to DOS thg.. i thought u may
help a bit in this problem.. thank you...
currently my programme is doing the mapping between two pc which is
under the WINDOWS XP environment...
but now..
i would like to map between two machine.. one is in windows XP OS with
DOS os so that i would be able to copy some text file from the DOS OS to
my windows..... is it possible to do that ?
any refference for me to learn it?
thanks...
may directly contact me at
(e-mail address removed)