Margins, background problem...

Stan McCann

Though our TV just found its[1] way into a cupboard, so wouldn't be
watching much even if it was here anyway.

[1] Hah! Got it right that time.

Good job. <applause>

Stan McCann

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Stan McCann

Was that for the use of "its" or the hiding the TV away? :)

Its. I have a "TV" right next my computer. Well, sort of a TV. OK,
an old computer with a TV card and an old spare 17" monitor. Two
monitors next to each other. One the computer and the other the "TV."
Not that I really watch TV much, its just on for noise. I don't have
to hide my TV away though, just set it to processing some job. p)[1]

Now its. This is one of my common mistakes also. Especially when I'm
in a hurry, I won't stop to think about it and wind up with some ' in
the wrong places.

[1] My pirate smile and its big these days. See what's new at:
http://stanmccann.us/cane.html

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Stan McCann
Now its. This is one of my common mistakes also. Especially when I'm
in a hurry, I won't stop to think about it and wind up with some ' in
the wrong places.

I'm usually pretty good with it, and it's one of those things that
annoys me in other people's writings, which is why it surprised me so
much that I got it wrong.
[1] My pirate smile and its big these days. See what's new at:
http://stanmccann.us/cane.html

<g>

Alan J. Flavell

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Mark Parnell wrote:

[about its versus it's]
I'm usually pretty good with it, and it's one of those things that
annoys me in other people's writings, which is why it surprised me so
much that I got it wrong.

Believe me, I feel the same way about it, and am at least as
distressed as you on the rare occasions I get it wrong. I blame
it on osmosis, myself. :-}

Of course: news:alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, "Alan J. Flavell"
[about its versus it's]
Believe me, I feel the same way about it, and am at least as
distressed as you on the rare occasions I get it wrong.

Good to hear I'm not the only one.
I blame
it on osmosis, myself. :-}

Sounds like a good excuse to me. :)

Blinky the Shark

Alan said:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Mark Parnell wrote:

[about its versus it's]
I'm usually pretty good with it, and it's one of those things that
annoys me in other people's writings, which is why it surprised me so
much that I got it wrong.

Believe me, I feel the same way about it, and am at least as distressed as
you on the rare occasions I get it wrong. I blame it on osmosis, myself.
:-}

I've understood the difference since...well, since they taught it to us
in elementary school. It's hardly rocket science. So when I - like you -
do it wrong, it's just another typo. Unfortunatly, it's a typo that makes
us look st00pid. :)