masterpage affecting tabbing?

segue

Hi - I have two controls that should tab consecutively:
textbox and search.

When I tab off the textbox it goes to the browser url address
for both IE and Mozilla rather than the search button control.

In the asp.net page I selected 0 for textbox tabbing and 1 for the search
button control.

The aspx page calls a master page.

Suggestions appreciated - Segue

Nathan Sokalski

One thing I might look at is do a View Source in the browser. This will
allow you to see the code that the browser is actually looking at. Take a
look at the tabindex attribute and make sure that they really do have the
values 0 and 1. Also, just to see what happens, you might want to try using
some different values, such as 9 and 10. Is this problem happening only if
there is a Master Page, or does it always happen, and are both of the
controls in the Content Page, or is one in the Master and one in the
Content? These are just a few things to take a look at. Good Luck!

segue

Thanks for the nice response and suggestions - tabs were 0 and 1 - tried
a few other things . . ..

Guest

Thanks for the nice response and suggestions - tabs were 0 and 1 - tried
a few other things . . ..

Segue,

this is not because of master page. I'll bet you have the same
behavior without master. I think this due to the fact that in many
browsers, including Internet Explorer, tab order includes controls
that are located on the browser toolbar. Because the tab order goes up
sequentially, so that when you move from a TextBox control with a
TabIndex property set to 0, the focus then goes to the first control
with the TabIndex value of 1 (or higher) and if there is another
control (e.g. located on the browser toolbar) then the focus goes
there and not to your Button control. Try to set 100 instead of 0 and
101 instead of 1 and see if it helps.