MasterPages & aspnetForm

Mark Rae

Hi,

Is there anyway to force a master page to retain the name of the form as
programmed instead of changing it to aspnetForm?

According to all the articles I've found on this so far:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-48,GGLG:en&q=aspnetForm
it's not possible, but I wondered if any of the gurus in here have found a
way to do it.

I don't have a pressing need for this myself, but a colleague of mine is
presently converting a v1.1 site to v2, and has decided to use MasterPages,
but the v1.1 site contains a great deal of JavaScript which he doesn't want
to change and, more to the point, doesn't really see why he should have
to...

I have a certain degree of sympathy with this - e.g. if I place the
following code on a master page:

<form id="MyForm" runat="server">

that's what I expect the ID of the form to be, not "aspnetForm"...

Mark