Mathematical Programming

gelong

Hi there, I have a problem in writing a mathematical function using C++
programming. How to write an input that can insert whole equation?
Example is the input are x² + 3y - 4z³ = 0. In maple, it was
x^2+3*y-4*z^3 = 0, but how to write it in C++ ? How about the
declaration?

Efrat Regev

Hi there, I have a problem in writing a mathematical function using C++
programming. How to write an input that can insert whole equation?
Example is the input are x² + 3y - 4z³ = 0. In maple, it was
x^2+3*y-4*z^3 = 0, but how to write it in C++ ? How about the
declaration?

It's somewhat hard (at least for me) to understand what you're asking:

If your question is how to use C++ mathematical operators, then you can use
+,-,*,/ as usual, e.g., x + y, and for ^ you can use the function pow.

But when you write x² + 3y - 4z³ = 0, then you're writing a mathematical
equation - a concept which C++ doesn't directly "understand". The question
is what do you want to do with "x² + 3y - 4z³ = 0"? Do you want plot it?
search numerically for minimum and maximum? solve it symbolically (say for
x)? Based on your answer, you need to find an appropriate library.

So it might help if you clarify further. For example, you might repost and
say "I'm looking for a library that can plot 3D mathematical functions", or
something like that.

polikARP

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:21:38 -0800|gelong :
Hi there, I have a problem in writing a mathematical function using C++
programming. How to write an input that can insert whole equation? Example
is the input are x² + 3y - 4z³ = 0. In maple, it was x^2+3*y-4*z^3 = 0,
but how to write it in C++ ? How about the declaration?
Hi , maybe somthin like that :
-/+ * multi * ( X * n ) ^ pow as elements of array
struct Node {
int multi; // if not exist =1
int n; // ... 1
int pow; // 1
int sign; // 1 or -1
} ;
Node abc[3];
/*
abc[0] : */
multi=1;n=1;pow=3;sign=1; /* will be 1 * 1 * ( X * 1 ) ^ 3 etc.. */
sry4engl

Ioannis Vranos

gelong said:
Hi there, I have a problem in writing a mathematical function using C++
programming. How to write an input that can insert whole equation?
Example is the input are x² + 3y - 4z³ = 0. In maple, it was
x^2+3*y-4*z^3 = 0, but how to write it in C++ ? How about the
declaration?

You will have to accept the input as text, parse it and make the
necessary calculations and output.