Member reference variables

v4vijayakumar

While we can do whatever we want to do with the member variables, with
the member references, why member references are not common?

Note: This is not homework question. :)

Victor Bazarov

v4vijayakumar said:
While we can do whatever we want to do with the member variables, with
the member references, why member references are not common?

I am guessing that you mean data members that are references here. I'll
go with that assumption.

In most cases because they (a) require initialisation at construction
time and (b) make assignment difficult. As to "common", how do you
determine it's not common? What's your definition of "common"?
Note: This is not homework question. :)

Sure, we believe you.

red floyd

v4vijayakumar said:
While we can do whatever we want to do with the member variables, with
the member references, why member references are not common?

Note: This is not homework question. :)

My experience is that when someone needs to say that, it actually *is*
homework.