Membership Services, Login and http/https

Guest

Hi all

I've written a custom provider for membership services and put my login
control on an ascx. I want this ascx to be available anywhere on the website
so that users don't need to click twice to login. The rest of the site is
running over http, but I want the login process to run over https (obviously
don't want the password being sent clear text) when the user enters their
details and clicks login (on the homepage for example).

Do I need to hack the POST url of FORM to achieve this, or will that not
work. Alternatively, is there a more elegant solution?

Thanks
Ben

chris

Ben,

Thank you for asking this question as our site will attempt to do the
same functionality. I am interested to see if you get a response. I
cannot seem to find anything about this on the web (that does not mean
much ;)) But I will need to have some sort of resolution for this.

Thanks,
Chris