method is inaccessible due to its protection level

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sck10, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. sck10

    sck10 Guest

    Hello,

    I am getting the following error:

    fvServiceIdea_ItemUpdating_Validate(object,
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormViewUpdateEventArgs)' is inaccessible due to
    its protection level.

    Below is what I am using, so I don't understand what level of protection is
    being used. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, sck10

    void fvServiceIdea_ItemUpdating_Validate(object sender,
    FormViewUpdateEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.NewValues["ServiceIdeaName"].ToString() == "")
    {
    e.Cancel= true;
    this.lblMessageText.Text += "<span class='RedM'>Service Idea
    Name</span>: is Missing.<br />";
    }

    if (e.Cancel == true) ShowMessage(this.lblMessageTitle.Text,
    this.lblMessageText.Text);

    }

    sck10, Aug 28, 2006

  2. sck10

    KJ Guest

    Methods that are not explicitly marked otherwise (such as yours) are
    private.

    Change your code to:

    protected void fvServiceIdea_ItemUpdating_Validate ....

    KJ, Aug 28, 2006

  3. sck10

    sck10 Guest

    Thanks KJ...