Migrating web service client from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0new member DipeshKhakhkhar Just

Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am migrating my web service client from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0 [Well I know I am little late in this but as said don't change if its working]. Migrating .sln and .vcproj file was piece of cake and everything compiler properly as well.

But it started giving problem during runtime and the reason was I have created my own types in 1.1 and these are not conflicting with types in 2.0.

For example:

ArrayOfString
ArrayOfInt and so on.

.NET 2.0 provides the same name for these types and it is now conflicting and throwing reflection error and eventually boiling down to this error message

One solution is to change my type names i.e. from ArrayOfString to XXXArrayOfString but this will require to change all the users of my web services which is not a good solution.

I guess, there should be some simple solution to deal with this. I would appreciate if you please inform me how to go about it.

Dipesh