Migration to 2.0: Textbox readonly problem

Thierry

Hi,
We are currently upgrading our .Net web apps from framework 1.1 to 2.0
Everything is going quite smoothly except a bug with textbox value not
rendered when having propery readonly=true on the ASCX side.
explaination:
<asp:textbox id="TBDate" runat=server readonly=true></asp:textbox>
after the upgrade to Framework 2.0, the value of this textbox is always
empty string
TBDate.value always equals ""

The workaround we found is to set up the property on the vb side:
TBDate.Attributes.add("readonly", "readonly")
then the TBDate.value is well rendered on the postback...

Did anyboby encounter the same problem?
Does anybody has an explaination?

Cheers,

Thierry