Min/Max gametree

Kimau

When constructing a Min/Max or Alpha/beta gamtree what do you find is
the best method of evolving the game state to the leaf node for
evaluation without hogging memory or resources.

Currently I'm using a method where the game can be broken down into a
array (representing a matrix). The array is the manipulated statically
by an order queue generated by the tree. Unfortantly this method is
seperate from the game functions themselves and therefore isn't very
good from a coding principle.

What methodolgy would you recommend to get the game states for the leaf
nodes so they can be evalutated??

Victor Bazarov

Kimau said:
When constructing a Min/Max or Alpha/beta gamtree what do you find is
the best method of evolving the game state to the leaf node for
evaluation without hogging memory or resources.

Currently I'm using a method where the game can be broken down into a
array (representing a matrix). The array is the manipulated statically
by an order queue generated by the tree. Unfortantly this method is
seperate from the game functions themselves and therefore isn't very
good from a coding principle.

What methodolgy would you recommend to get the game states for the leaf
nodes so they can be evalutated??

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't this question better asked in the newsgroup
'comp.games.development.programming.algorithms'? Or at least, perhaps,
'comp.object'. I really can't see any relevance to 'comp.lang.c++' yet.
Maybe somebody can open my eyes to it? Thanks!