Mod_Perl - new to linux and perl but semi old to programming

sf-newsgroup

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for taking the time to read and possibly respond.

Where possible I will try to keep this brief - as i am sure you all have
better things in life to do.

I am considering moving to apache and mod_perl for my web development.

Over the last 12 years of web development I have moved from Classic ASP
to ASP.Net and now may have to move to ASP.Net MVC to keep up with the
times - and im sick and tired of it.

Do not get me wrong, I do not mind updating my knowledge, but now after
so many years of learning a whole new technology just to replace
something that worked fine previously - im over the whole fiasco.

I was considering moving to a LAMP stack but based on a suggestion by a
friend, I am going to go with LAPP(perl, post) stack instead to see how
it turns out.

I am having the following problems
* I cannot subscribe to "(e-mail address removed)" - i sent an email
as per the web page suggestion and nothing happened -
http://www.perl.com/pub/2002/02/26/whatismodperl.html
(on a side note I cannot subscribe to the apache list either)
What am I doing wrong?

* Which is the better version of linux(and this may vary depending on
the person - please dont start an arguement about debian vs ubuntu that
is not the point of this email) - or it doesnt matter which flavor i use?

* Is mod_perl secure? (putting aside the fact that I know an application
is only as secure as the developer develops it)

* Is there any really good books, websites, example code(complete
website code) that you would recommend to learn?

* anything else that I may have missed?

David Solimano

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for taking the time to read and possibly respond.
SNIP

* anything else that I may have missed?

You may wish to consider posting in comp.lang.perl.misc, as most
Perl-related traffic has migrated there.

Regards,
David