    choice in this category than GvR.)

    Many thanks in advance,

    Gabe

    gb345, Aug 28, 2009

  2. gb345

    Matimus Guest

    I'm sure there are. You might be able to figure that out by browsing
    the source repository: http://hg.python.org. But, I wouldn't
    necessarily say that any code written by Guido would make a good
    example of 'Pythonic' code. Not that he doesn't create good code, but
    the language and standards have evolved over time. There may be code
    that he wrote from the 2.0 days that may have been perfectly
    'Pythonic' then but is just out-of-date now.

    In general though, browsing the standard modules is a good way to find
    examples, no matter who wrote it. Just keep in mind when it was
    written more than who wrote it.

    Matt

    Matimus, Aug 28, 2009

  3. [fix top posting]

    Mark Lawrence, Aug 28, 2009
  4. gb345

    Terry Reedy Guest

    I am not aware of any recent stdlib modules written by Guido. I suspect
    most older ones have been updated at least once by someone else.
    The itertools module is relatively recent and has been recommended as
    one to read.

    Terry Reedy, Aug 28, 2009
  5. Guido wrote a good deal of the new Python 3 code. However, maintence has now
    turned over to over Python developers. For example, I now maintain 2to3 and the
    io library, both of which were originally written by Guido.
    That probably don't do much good for your sense of Pythonicity, since it's
    written in C. :)

    Benjamin Peterson, Aug 28, 2009