Monitoring error

John

Hi

My webform works fine on local dev server but when uploaded to a remote host
it comes up with the following error. What is the problem and how can I fix
it?

Thanks

Regards

[HttpException (0x80070005): Failed to start monitoring changes to
'd:\inetpub\mydomain.com\web\content\bin' because access is denied.]
System.Web.DirMonCompletion..ctor(DirectoryMonitor dirMon, String dir,
Boolean watchSubtree, UInt32 notifyFilter) +3512551
System.Web.DirectoryMonitor.StartMonitoring() +41
System.Web.DirectoryMonitor.StartMonitoringFile(String file,
FileChangeEventHandler callback, String alias) +144
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.ListenToSubdirectoryChanges(String dirRoot,
String dirToListenTo) +160
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringDirectoryRenamesAndBinDirectory(String
dir, FileChangeEventHandler callback) +419
System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags)
+164

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to start monitoring changes to
'd:\inetpub\mydomain.com\web\content\bin' because access is denied.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3426855
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +149

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

it means as the error implies, asp.net does not have access to dir you
upload your site to. you need to set the dir permission to allow access by
asp.net.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)