Moronic reference site

user923005

Wow, now that's really bad.  With luck, next time I have an interview,
the other candidates will have read that site!

I looked at a couple other pages at random.
I recognized C-FAQ material without attribution.
Cheese + sleeze = disease.

Richard

user923005 said:
I looked at a couple other pages at random.
I recognized C-FAQ material without attribution.
Cheese + sleeze = disease.

Take a bow. And where did the C-FAQ find these "common answers" to FAQs?

Willem

user923005 wrote:
)> user923005 wrote:
)> > If the other pages are like this, then Herbert Schildt has met his
)> > match:
)> >http://hitechskill.com/technicalq/IT-Interview-Questions.jsp?type=C&p...
)>
)
) I looked at a couple other pages at random.
) I recognized C-FAQ material without attribution.
) Cheese + sleeze = disease.

I also looked at a couple of other pages at random, guess what I recognized.
Indeed, some of the questions have been asked on this newsgroup. Verbatim.

There can be a couple of reasons for this:
1 - People have been getting these interview questions (or using this site
to test their skill) and asking them here.
2 - The people who made this site thought up a bunch of questions and
decided to use this newsgroup to provide/test their answers.
3 - This site was set up as a big practical joke on this group.

I'm not giving odds..

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT

Willem

Richard wrote:
)>> >> user923005 wrote:
)>> >> > If the other pages are like this, then Herbert Schildt has met his
)>> >> > match:
)>> >> >http://hitechskill.com/technicalq/IT-Interview-Questions.jsp?type=C&p...
) ...
) I dont know what RTFF means. And I think you missed my point. I was
) pointing out that the info in the c-faq did not materialise from outer
) space. It is a collection of info, reworded maybe, from other posts,
) sources and learning processes.

Yes, but gathering information piece by piece and compiling it into
a FAQ makes that a unique work (or whatever the legal term is)

Copying whole sections of a work verbatim onto your site without
attribution (as this site has done) is plagiarism.

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT

Kenneth Brody

user923005 said:
If the other pages are like this, then Herbert Schildt has met his
match:
http://hitechskill.com/technicalq/IT-Interview-Questions.jsp?type=C&page=1

I already sent them a scathing letter.

Umm... "wow!"

(And see my C-FAQ note at the bottom.)

Let's see:
2.What will be printed as the result of the operation below:

main()
{
int a=20,b=35;
a=b++ + a++;
b= ++b + ++a;
printf("%d%d\n",a,b);

}
Answer : 5794

Perhaps on the poster's particular compiler, with the particular
set of compile-time options, it gives that answer. (And, in an
unfortunate coincidence, my compilers give that output as well.
However, my DS-6000 isn't booted up at the moment. I believe that
someone else on this list has a compiler that would display "a
suffusion of yellow".)
5.What will be printed as the result of the operation below:
main()
{
char *ptr = "SC Systems";
*pt++; printf("%s\n",pt);
pt++;
printf("%s\n",pt);

}
Answer: SC Systems
C Systems

Well, after fixing the pt/ptr typo, I certainly don't get the
"answer" the website provides.
11.What will be printed as the result of the operation below:
main()
{
int x=10, y=15;
x = x++;
y = ++y;
printf("%d %d\n",x,y);

}
Answer: 11, 16

I really should boot up my DS-6000.

And then there's the "I just grabbed the C FAQ, didn't give credit to
the copyright holder, and then did a poor job at trying to hide that
this is what I did". Take a look at this tidbit from page 15:
3. I'm trying to do some simple trig, and I am #including <math.h>,
but I keep getting "undefined: sin" compilation errors.

A: Make sure you're actually linking with the math library. For
instance, under Unix, you usually need to use the -lm option, at
the *end* of the command line, when compiling/linking. 14.4: My
floating-point calculations are acting strangely and giving me
different answers on different machines.

Yup, he can't even properly trim his cut-and-paste, leaving the next
FAQ entry (14.4) in place.

Kenneth Brody

CBFalconer said:
They have a block to hit for 'feedback'. It comes up with 'page
not found'.

"But our web designer passed our skills tests!"

Doug Miller

I dont know what RTFF means.

Same thing as RTFM, except substitute 'FAQ' for 'Manual'.

--
Regards,

Join the UseNet Improvement Project: killfile Google Groups.
http://www.improve-usenet.org

Download Nfilter at http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe