most popular website builder software?

mike

can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
there now? i dont need any links.. just names please. I believe the Adobe
one was pretty popular a year ago.. but these software ratings seem to
change on a monthly basis it seems.

any info would be great

thanks
Mike

mbstevens

mike said:
can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
there now? i dont need any links.. just names please. I believe the Adobe
one was pretty popular a year ago.. but these software ratings seem to
change on a monthly basis it seems.

Most popular because it is:

* Makes the best sites? (Perl, PHP)
* Most used by old hands? (Vim? Emacs?)
* Used by the most ops? (Notepad? Frontpage? [yucch])
* Easiest to use? (Hired hand?)

Would it make you unhappy to work with a unpopular
but good software?

Sid Ismail

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 22:42:20 -0500, "mike"

: can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
: there now? i dont need any links..

Native HTML - works every time.

Sid

David Segall

mike said:
can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
there now?
I have no doubt that Macromedia (now Adobe) Dreamweaver is the answer
to this question although it probably has less than 50% of the market.
If you change the question to "what is most popular software used to
build web sites?" there would be a drastic drop in the percentage but
I am reasonably confident that it would still rank higher than
anything else.
i dont need any links.. just names please. I believe the Adobe
one was pretty popular a year ago
It wasn't. Adobe was a clear winner in photo manipulation software and
the established platform for machine-independent document rendering
but they needed to acquire Macromedia to totally dominate the
presentation end of the software market.

Rob McAninch

mike>:
can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
there now?

Popularity has little to do with it. Perhaps if you're looking to
join a development team then ask them what they use since being
compatible becomes a concern.

Some form of text editor is my recommendation; pick one with some
type of macro or programmability. I use Note Tab currently, but that
is MS Windows only. It has its own macro language that allows you to
create simple text insertions or rather complex page building
wizards. But it's all based on HTML that you can alter as you see fit.