Motion of layer move

Cylix

Should we discuss about the motion of a layer move,
I think it is a common technique on many sites.

The technique seems using setTimeout and increment the postion value of
the layer.
Should we discuss and group any article here about how to perform this
animation better?

What I mean is, we should NOT set the timeout to 1minisecond for make
the motion flurent, I think it is too large effort for the client
browser.
Does not approch or algorithm to do so?

I am looking forward to your replay =] Yeah!

Jim Ley

Should we discuss about the motion of a layer move,
I think it is a common technique on many sites.

The technique seems using setTimeout and increment the postion value of
the layer.
Should we discuss and group any article here about how to perform this
animation better?

What I mean is, we should NOT set the timeout to 1minisecond for make
the motion flurent, I think it is too large effort for the client
browser.

Browsers generally ignore 1ms timeouts, the lowest timeout you're
realistically going to find today is 13ms, so never need to define
anything lower than that...

Jim.