MP3 player preview time

rock

Hi,

I have an Flash MP3 player and full song mp3's.

I want to be able to preview them to play just a few seconds of the song
then stop.

In this script below can I have the song play for a certain amount of
seconds then stop?

Or would is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks

rock

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,

scrollbars=no,resizable=no,copyhistory=no,width=193,height=265,

screenX=0,screenY=0,top=300,left=450')

}

//--></script>

Bart Van der Donck

rock said:
I have an Flash MP3 player and full song mp3's.
I want to be able to preview them to play just a few seconds of the song
then stop.
In this script below can I have the song play for a certain amount of
seconds then stop?
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status­=no,menubar=no,
scrollbars=no,resizable=no,copyhistory=no,width=193,height=265,
screenX=0,screenY=0,top=300,left=450')
}
//--></script>

Maybe you could load the swf-object into the popup-window, let the
object send some flag to the opener when it starts playing (or when
it's loaded), and finally repopulate the popup after X seconds with a
setTimeout-command from the opener.

A more robust strategy is probably to handle it in Flash' Actionscript
(load mp3, let it play X-seconds, stop).

Hope this helps,