MSVM classes - installation file locations?

Andrew Thompson

Survey <http://www.physci.org/ms/msclassfile.jsp>

I need the help of those that have an MSVM
installed and enabled (loaded and cocked?)

I could improve my *JVM Cleaner tool
<http://www.physci.org/jvmclean.jsp>
if I knew where the archives for the
class files were stored.

[ * Note also that I will soon add
functionality to restore a removed MSVM,
to reinstall it after removal. ]

A little (9Kb) Applet I have whipped
up determines just that.
<http://www.physci.org/ms/msclassfile.jsp>
It tests for particular sun and MS classes
and tells you the ** path and name of the file
in which they reside.

[ ** Note there is also a form at the bottom of
the page to test the location of _any_ class. ]

The button on the bottom of the Applet
'Post Information', appends the info. to an
URL to be processed and forwarded to me,
though to be useful, I also need the MSVM
build number.

Since I have not yet figured how to get MSVM
build numbers from within Java itself, it
requires you run the JView command in DOS
(further details and web-launchable version here)
<http://www.physci.org/jvmclean.jsp?pt=jview>

Thanks to all those that can help me out,
I need as much information as I can get.