Multiple values within appSettings

kx10

Hi,

Is it possible to store an array of reserved numbers within appSettings
in the Web.config file? I have very limited XML knowledge but am
guessing I might be able to create some child nodes to loop through
using XPath (if this doesn't offend the DTD).

Grateful of any help

Mark Rae

Is it possible to store an array of reserved numbers within appSettings
in the Web.config file? I have very limited XML knowledge but am
guessing I might be able to create some child nodes to loop through
using XPath (if this doesn't offend the DTD).

Not sure about <appSettings> specifically, but you most certainly can create
your own custom sections in web.config:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...:2006-28,GGLG:en&q=web.config+custom+sections

However, you might prefer not to do this, especially if the reserved numbers
are likely to change, because any change to web.config will recycle your
app...

I'd almost certainly use a separate XML file for this, if not an actual
database...

kx10

Thank you for your reply,

This is part of a CMS anyway so I will have a read through and way
things up.

Regards