Multiple web.sitemap files and selection of current node

MS Development

Hello Newgroup,

I'm new to ASP.NET and its nice navigation features. I have now some
problems with them which I hope can anyone solve. So here we go:

The generel idea is I have a page like e. g. eBay. On the eBay site you have
a "My eBay" Link in the top menu navigation. If you click on this link you
enter the member section where you can manage all your details. The member
section is further divided into sub sections like "Personal Settings". I
think the best is an example ;-)

web.sitemap:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<siteMap xmlns=http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0 >
<siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="~/Client/Register.aspx" title="Register"
description="" />
<siteMapNode url="~/Client/HowItWorks.aspx" title="How does it work?"
description="" />
<siteMapNode url="~/MemberPages/MemberSection.aspx" title="Member
Section" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="~/MemberPages/MyMessages.aspx" title="My Messages"
description="" >
<siteMapNode url="~/MemberPages/MyMessages.aspx?Filter=Inbox"
title="All" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="~/MemberPages/MyMessages.aspx?Filter=Outbox"
title="Active" description="" />
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="~/MemberPages/MyMembership.aspx" title="My Membership"
description="" >
<siteMapNode url="~/MemberPages/MyMembership.aspx?Filter=Personal
Settings" title="All" description="" />
<siteMapNode url="~/MemberPages/MyMembership.aspx?Filter=Addresses"
title="Active" description="" />
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="~/Client/SomePage.aspx" title="Some Page"
description="" />
</siteMapNode>
</siteMap>

My Web Site looks like the following:

I built a master page which uses a menu control to display only the first
level of the web.sitemap (Register, HowItWorks, MemberSection, SomePage). It
all works as long as I only navigate to the Member Section. If I navigate to
e. g. "Member Section" -> "My Messages" then the menu control looses its
selection which is not intuitive to the user. Each page in the Member
Section should display all sub sections with tree views. Well, the best
would be if you can look at eBay because this is where the idea comes from.

I hope anyone can help me.

Thanks for reading this posting so far.