My file browsing script

Dfenestr8

Earlier I posted asking for a file browsing script, for a GUI app I'd
written. Basically, I was after a graphical tool with which I could search
for files on my disk, and would return the path of a file through the
command line.

I got no reply, either because I didn't describe the problem correctly, or
because nobody could point me to such a script. So I wrote my own.

http://hairy.asscrack.net/~hairyman/file_selector.py

Please have a look at it, and give me som tips on how to improve it. In
particular, I designed it specifically for my linux system (Mandrake 10).
If I could make it x-platform that would be good.

M.E.Farmer

Dfenestr8 said:
Earlier I posted asking for a file browsing script, for a GUI app I'd
written. Basically, I was after a graphical tool with which I could search
for files on my disk, and would return the path of a file through the
command line.
I got no reply, either because I didn't describe the problem correctly, or
because nobody could point me to such a script. So I wrote my own.
Well I am no tk expert(never used it) , but tkFileDialog() might be
what you want.
'http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=tkinter++file+selection+dialog&btnG=Search'
Please have a look at it, and give me som tips on how to improve it. In
particular, I designed it specifically for my linux system (Mandrake 10).
If I could make it x-platform that would be good.
I did check out your script, and it looks nice and works quite well on
win2k Py2.2.
I think that means it **is** x-platform :)
Nice work.
HTH,
M.E.Farmer