MySQL / MS SQL - jsp development

R-dog

I am working on a jsp project that uses a MySQL database,
i wonder if the backup (.sql) file of MySQL can be executed on a MS SQL
server.

sorry for sort of off-topic of the forum.

Thanks so much
ran

Lisa

R-dog said:
I am working on a jsp project that uses a MySQL database,
i wonder if the backup (.sql) file of MySQL can be executed on a MS SQL
server.

sorry for sort of off-topic of the forum.

Thanks so much
ran

Of course it depends on whether you use some sql commands
that don't exist in standard sql. Otherwise it should be fine.

Chris Smith

Lisa said:
Of course it depends on whether you use some sql commands
that don't exist in standard sql. Otherwise it should be fine.

If it's a backup file (as in the OP), then it probably contains commands
to create data... and it's almost certain to contain non-standard SQL.
For example, it's impossible to build a database worth the term in MySQL
without appending "InnoDB" to the end of every CREATE TABLE statement,
and that's certainly not standard SQL.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Lee Fesperman

Lisa said:
Of course it depends on whether you use some sql commands
that don't exist in standard sql. Otherwise it should be fine.

Even standard sql won't always help you. MySQL is very weak in supporting standards. MS
SQL is much better but still has significant differences.