Native dlls generated by ASP.NET

Xavi Sam

Hi
When I build my asp.net application the ASP.NET generates a net.assembly by
page in the directory of my pc:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Theese assemblies to be executed must be tranlated to native code, the
question is: Which is the time of live of the native assemblies? It is
possible to configure the time? Are they storaged in some directory in my
PC?

Thanks in advance

Javier

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Javier,

These are shadow-copied assemblies. They are not translated to native
code. Native code is code that does not execute in the Common Language
Runtime. These shadow-copied assemblies are managed assemblies.

The lifetime of these assemblies is hard to predict. If you make any code
changes to your application, the ASP.NET runtime will attempt to remove the
existing assemblies and will create new ones. There may be times when we
are unable to delete the assembly because it's in use. In those cases, we
will append .delete to the name so that it can be removed when the app
domain recycles.

If the application domain recycles, it will remove those assemblies (if
possible) and we will create a new shadow copy assembly.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Xavi Sam

Thanks Jim

But your message explain me about the managed assemblies but my question is
about native assembly, the assembly produced by JIT of managed assembly
builded by asp.net.
How long the native assembly is storaged in memory? When the assembly is
download?

From: "Xavi Sam" <[email protected]>
Subject: Native dlls generated by ASP.NET
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:44:04 +0200
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Hi
When I build my asp.net application the ASP.NET generates a net.assembly by
page in the directory of my pc:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Theese assemblies to be executed must be tranlated to native code, the
question is: Which is the time of live of the native assemblies? It is
possible to configure the time? Are they storaged in some directory in my
PC?

Thanks in advance

Javier

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Xavi,

You'll need to be more specific. When a managed assembly is JIT compiled,
it does not create a native assembly.