Need confimation with new xercesSamples 2.8.0. ?

Nirmal

previously we had output file with "'" character when we are using
xerces 1.4.3 jar after running the process for the input file which
have the " ' " literals in its.

Now we try to use the xercesSamples 2.8.0 jar we are getting the " ' "
literals in output file after running the process for the input file
which have the " ' " literals in its.

Can you please let me know is this a natural behavior of new xerces jar
or any other specific changes ?

then what may I have to do for getting the " ' " in place and
where I can get the original xerces2.8.0 jar instead of xercesSamples
2.8.0.

Can you please help me in this regard,

Thanks,
Nirmal

Joseph Kesselman

Can you please let me know is this a natural behavior of new xerces jar
or any other specific changes ?

I suspect this is a change in the serializer. Older versions always
escaped both " and ' inside quoted strings, rather than worry
about which one you had used to delimit the string. Newer versions may
be being smarter about only escaping the one that might be misunderstood.

If so, this is a difference that should make no difference to any
properly-written XML application.