Need Help adding an "array"

adamirvine

Hi there, am quite new to ASP, I am currently working for a Car
Dealership/Group and am in charge of managing and developing the
website... Our website has been created by a third party company who
has used a 'Used Car' search application created by a company called
20/20 Auto Products. The problem I am having is I need the Used Car
search form to narrow the search criteria options down as you select
the next drop down box... I have spoke to 20/20 Auto Products and have
received the reply saying the following: - "I need to add an array for
the Model / Manufacturer relationship" The page I am talking about is:
- http://www.cawdorcars.co.uk/vehiclelistings.asp Visit that link and
see how you can Select 'Ford' as a Manufacturer and also Select
'Astra' as a Model (This Vehicle does not exist) What I would like to
achieve here is for the Manufacturer to be selected and then only the
Ford Models be picked out...I have Dreamweaver CS3 and I’m a fast
learner... So any help/assistance on this task would be great but
basically, the question is, where do I start?
Kind Regards, Adam.

Bob Barrows

[...]

For starters, you will need to have a database that stores manufacturers and
models. Then you will need to use that database to feed the contents of your
dynamic listboxes.
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/forms/how-do-i-make-one-dropdown-depend-on-another.html