need help in solving error in perl

fenilkumar.golwala

Hi,

I have written a perl script ,but while trying to run that i am
facing the below error,please can someone help me with it.

Error:-

install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load '/sbcimp/run/pkgs/CORE/
12.6.0/links/cpan/lib/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so' for module
DBD::Sybase: ld.so.1: aact_main_control.pl: fatal: relocation error:
file /sbcimp/run/pkgs/CORE/12.6.0/links/cpan/lib/auto/DBD/Sybase/
Sybase.so: symbol PL_memory_wrap: referenced symbol not found at /
sbcimp/run/pd/perl/5.8.3/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229, <PROFILE> line
21.

at (eval 17) line 3
Compilation failed in require at (eval 17) line 3, <PROFILE> line 21.
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where
expected
at aactutils.pl line 78
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at aactutils.pl line
243, <PROFILE> line 21.
END failed--call queue aborted, <PROFILE> line 21

thanks in advance

Brian McCauley

Subject: need help in solving error in perl

Please put the subject of your post in the Subject of your post.

If you are in doubt about that this means then please try this simple
test. Imagine you had done a search before you posted. Then imagine
that your subject line came up in the list of hits. Would you have
been able to guess with any degree of certainly that it was the same
question? If the answer is no then your subject line is not good
enough.
I have written a perl script ,but while trying to run that i am
facing the below error,please can someone help me with it.

Error:-

install_driver(Sybase) failed: Can't load '/sbcimp/run/pkgs/CORE/
12.6.0/links/cpan/lib/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so' for module
DBD::Sybase: ld.so.1: aact_main_control.pl: fatal: relocation error:
file /sbcimp/run/pkgs/CORE/12.6.0/links/cpan/lib/auto/DBD/Sybase/
Sybase.so: symbol PL_memory_wrap: referenced symbol not found at /
sbcimp/run/pd/perl/5.8.3/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229, <PROFILE> line
21.

So a good subject line would have been "referenced symbol not found

This most likely means that DBD::Sybase was compiled against a
different build of Perl. Looking at the paths in your error I'm
guessing you downloaded binary packages of Perl and of DBD::Sybase
from different sources and they are not compatible.

If you don't want to download and build from sources you should speak
to the maintainer of the binary package library that you are using.