Need help sending mail through an Exchange Server

bkimelman

I am writing some Perl scripts at the office on my PC and I would like
to be able to send some emilas through the corporate Exchange Server.

I have spent time searching this group and using Google to search the
web.
What I have found so far are discussions about the IMAP protocol and
examples which use the SMTP protocol.

All I am looking for is information/examples which can show me how to
send an email message from my Perl script, on Windows, through the
corporate Exchange Server to another user on the corporate mail system.

J. Gleixner

I am writing some Perl scripts at the office on my PC and I would like
to be able to send some emilas through the corporate Exchange Server.

I have spent time searching this group and using Google to search the
web.
What I have found so far are discussions about the IMAP protocol and
examples which use the SMTP protocol.

All I am looking for is information/examples which can show me how to
send an email message from my Perl script, on Windows, through the
corporate Exchange Server to another user on the corporate mail system.

Take a look at modules already developed on CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=exchange&mode=module

newsbot

You say "all I'm looking for" but you must realize that Exchange can be
set up at your site in a NUMBER of different ways, all of which change
your options and make it either easy, hard or impossible to do. You've
got to provide more information if you want a concrete answer. Do a
little research on your end (either by talking to your administrator or
attempting some simple SMTP and/or IMAP examples) before assuming this
is an easy answer. Because it's not.

-ceo