Need help with menus

Guest

Hi,

I would like to create a vertical and horizontal navigation menu for a
asp.net pages. I have been looking over the internet but I haven’t seen a
decent free code that I can take and customize. The menu samples that I like
are not free. I would like to keep the menu text and corresponding links in
either XML file or database. For vertical menus, I would like the submenus to
appear directly below its parent menu item. I don’t want child menu items to
slide out. I also want to have the menu stay item highlighted when a user
click on it, so that they know on which pages they clicked.

I am used to developing static web pages and so I find this a bit difficult
task. I am pretty sure some of you must have done something similar to what I
am looking for. I will appreciate if you can guide me.

Thanks,

Joe

Guest

Hi,
I suggest you use skmmenu, which is a free open source ASP.NET Server
control written by Scott Mitchel (Guy among the 4 Rolla Guys
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com). You can find everything about the control on
its dedicated site http://www.skmmenu.com with examples and source codes.
Also, it uses XML file which i think will suit your requirements

HTH

Guest

How is the support for using this skmMenu. I might need some help with it.
The author says not to ask him any questions technical problems. That's why I
felt little hesitant.

Joe

Guest

Hi,
Yes, the author may not reply since it has been a long time he had last
worked on the menu, so he may have to recall so many things to answer you.

I suggest you dowload the source code from here
http://www.skmmenu.com/menu/Download/
once you download the source code, it includes example files and
documentation in .chm format. Ho thtough it , it may help you

HTH