    up.sachi Guest

    Hey Guys,

    I have a task of automating an application (java to be precise) which runs on UNIX platform. I want to automate it using the ruby. Can anyone of you give more info. on how to do it? Is it good to use Ruby for this task?

    up.sachi, Sep 26, 2012

  2. "automation" is a pretty vague term. JRuby may be for you. But: what
    do you want to do?

    Cheers

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Sep 27, 2012

  3. The thing is I have an application which is a CLI based, wherein you normally give in the cmds n gives the result. I want to make it a interactive onewherein it 'll ask for the cmd as input n then writes that result into a file. After that using regular expression would like to find the string which I intend to find and show how many of those strings are present in that file.

    Is it fine?

    Sachin Uplaonkar, Oct 1, 2012
  4. So you want to add a kind of command shell. You could look at IRB for
    inspiration.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Oct 1, 2012